Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Beginning of trail running

I've always wanted to do a Triathlon. Biking, I can do, Swimming, slow but managable, running. . .the achilles heel, literally. My ankles begin to throb after about 3 miles of pavement punding. Furthermore I can think of few more boring prospects than following a flat road to seemingly nowhere. So I began trail running.
The picture to the left is of my sister (in-law, but sister to me) Amanda. I figured she would make the valley better than I. It was taken from behind because that was my placement due to my severe huffing. I blamed the elevation, a slight cold, anything I could, but in fact I am just fat and out of shape. I discovered one thing biking does not equal running. Different muscles, different body movement and apparently differenet lungs. However, I loved it. The landscape seemed more green, plush and living than when blowing by on a bike. It will continue.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online