Monday, June 20, 2011

Mix it up trail runs

I am not much of a runner. Matter-o-fact I will not run on asphalt at all, I absolutely hate it. But I do enjoy trail running, it is much more of a work out and more adventurous, plus the scenery is amazing.



This year however, my Brother and I want more of a challenge, something to push us harder. So we have been looking into the spartan races, Warrior Dash, Dirty Dash and Runner Cross.

The Spartan is what we really want to do, but at 8+miles, 20+ miles and 30 Burpees per obstacle you can't complete...it is daunting. Admittedly I could run the miles (slowly) do the obstacles, but Burpees...they kill me...2 sets of 30 and I would be done. So we have put that off until next year.

So this year were looking at The Dirty Dash and Runner Cross being held in Salt lake city.

Training for this has been very different. You have to run, but also add Pushups (sometimes every half mile) Rock carries (10-15 lbs for maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile for me), Burpees (Ugh), Squats, pull ups, push ups, etc. 

I have to say, I find it very refreshing and very challenging. I'm not even close to where I want to be, But I've lost ten lbs in a month and gained much more upper body muscle.

Next stop....Spartan 2012

Dawn wants me to look like wolverine in Xmen.

 

My Response...I guess I have to get a little white mustache, and claws.

1 comments:

gantrieb said...

a better question would be, where are you going to obtain the adiantium for the claws?

blogger templates | Make Money Online