Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ol' Jack's Treasure

St. Patrick's day is usually a fairly calm Holiday for us. Sure there is a visit from a mysterious leprechaun set on wreaking havoc, but other than that, some green waffles and other green items, non-eventful.

So in the morning I decided to go for a ride... I figured it would be the last day for a while that the trails would be dry with the storm coming. It was fantastic.
I took this picture with my tripod, and forgot to put my helmet back on...the trails were dry.

When I got home I invited the children to help me clean out my car, and much to our surprise they found a rolled up, rather ragged looking, piece of paper jammed in a bush. It appears the wind must have blown it there.

It was hard to make out as it was rather faded and dirty, but the children did see a faint scrawling which read,  "Ol' Jack's treasure, don't be touchin".

They screamed for excitement and joy (I'm sure all the neighbors were now aware of the find) and ran in the house proclaiming, "We found a leprechaun's treasure map". Clothes were quickly changed, break feast hastily eaten and off we went. You see, they wanted to find the treasure before Jack did. We followed the clues, which were not simple I might add, to Provo canyon. Eventually ending at the squaw peak road closure gate, so with map in hand we headed up the road.


Following the clues we were led off the road into the scrub oak.



After a little searching we found the resting place of Ol'Jacks goods. It turned out to be 42 chocolate gold coins and 42 1 dollar "Gold' Coins.



The older Children played along while the younger children relished in the fact that they had indeed found a leprechaun's treasure.


They were some excited children.

They spent the rest of the day practicing fighting skills and building traps  in case the leprechauns attacked, wanting to regain their lost treasure. Fortunately no such event occurred.
Although they said they found another treasure map that had blown in...

Happy St. Patrick's day!!!








1 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

That's so awesome:) Mike was out of town so our St. Patty's day consisted of Ruth wearing a shirt with green on it....I am soooooo lame.

blogger templates | Make Money Online