Saturday, July 31, 2010

Never Take no Cutoff's

This addage still holds true today as it did when the Donner Party attempted the Hastings cutoff in the winter of 1846 - 47.
New trails in American Fork canyon are hard to come by, almost impossible. Last year the forest service re-routed the steep, fall line approach, Mill Canyon Trail making it a more gently sloped, easier to climb and much longer route. In an attempt to access this new found biking nirvana, Guthrie and I rode the access trail (mud springs) and decided to take a trail that appeared to be a shortcut.  It ended up climbing about 1000 feet in  1.4 miles. Almost straight up the mountain. It did end at the trail and was a shortcut. But we went up the 1000 feet in one mile instead of 4. It would have been hard for  average men!!

I think That's everest in the background.


He's sporting Girl's glasses, says they're "more comfortable"!!

1 comments:

Laura and Guthrie said...

To make it clear, I had "mens" glasses, but my beautiful wife left them in a gas station in green river.. So, not to spend more money, I use what was left... Girl glasses that really make me look good..

blogger templates | Make Money Online