Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Day 2011

Normally Easter is a day spent attending church and visiting family, however this year almost all of the kids were sick with a sever Bronchitis that in once case became pneumonia, so that was out. So we stayed home, it was actually very nice.


72 Deviled eggs, 72 eggs to decorate, 72 Cookies to decorate.

I must like the number 72.

The first round we did tie dyed Easter eggs, the kids quit enjoyed those...I think because they made and were a complete mess.

After dinner, while I was making the sugar cookies, the older three children taught the younger four stories about the resurrection...The tomb, Doubting Thomas, and Christ visiting the Nephites from 3 Nephi 11, in the Book of Mormon, then they went outside and using sidewalk chalk drew the stories they learned about.

Most of the pictures were of Jesus Christ under a rainbow...I guess I missed that one, but they loved it.


Next it was cookie time, they went crazy and then ate them. We have many, many left. We thought about taking some to neighbors... But hen I thought spreading Bronchitis is not a good thing.

Finally, their favorite part was decorating the monster cookies - go figure. We bought a kit at the store, but I think next years we will just do our own. What follows are the outcomes of that event.


I thin he had the favorites.

That is some sort of helmet.

She named hers.

As did she, but they were a family...two boys, one girl. I think that is how she sees herself. Notice the glint of cockiness in her eyes...

Dad and two kids, Dad has huge arms. He must mean me.

Who knows, but he loved it...his have faces on the back.


She could be the poster Child for egg decorating.

It was a blast just spending the day with the kids at home. No fighting...okay very little. They were all joking around and we even listened to the Rebecca Black Friday song...and danced a little.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online