Friday, August 27, 2010

Vernal Utah!!!

Saturday we had the chance to visit Vernal Utah to attend Leif and Jaymie's wedding in the old dinosaur museum park.

It was a beautiful day, not too hot. The ceremony was nice. Their bishop did a great job.  After wards we sat in the park, ate and got to know each other while the kids played on the play ground and slack lined.



This is Dawn, Leif, Jaymie, Kelton and Kiara.


Since of the festivities were done, I decided I might as well taste the offering of trails here. Altitude cycle was closed so armed with some basic maps and my gps, I headed out of town to ride.

I liked the fence decorations.
My plan was to ride retail sale, slippery when wet then return to the trail head. However, when I was about to depart, Blake, Trevor, Nathan and Josh pulled up. I struck up a conversation and they suggested Fire Sale, then Retail Sale. I followed them for a while then went ahead (their buddy suffered a broken chain). I loved Fire Sale then returned via retail sale, it's a nice trail but not as technical as I like.
Over all it was a great, long day in Vernal, we left Orem at 1 p.m. and arrived home around 12p.m. Now we are thinking of taking the kids to starvation reservoir which we passed on the way.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online