Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bryce Canyon Rim Run

Bryce Canyon is an amazing place. I have been there a few times before and when I found out they had a "Rim Trail Run" I got excited. 
The run was five miles long. The run leaves Ruby's Inn and follows a dirt road out to the rim, then back around to the Inn. Dallin Took 1st in his category, Amanda 2nd in hers, and I had to walk due to a knee injury. It took me one hour to finish, which isn't too bad for walking. The man in the picture with us is Benj from Panguitch. Dallin and Amanda struck up a conversation with them and they talked with us for some time.

After the race they had watermelon, then Lunch with drawings and awards. It was a great time and we decided that this is definitely a yearly event.

Following the run Dallin and I decided to ride the Thunder Mountain bike trail.

The trail head
An overlook, the trail descends into the hoodoos below.
Dallin Descending the switchbacks, not bad for the first time on an old bike that you're not used to.

Gage Climbing a ridge, I stood up to look more tough.
Dallin towards the end, traversing a wash and spliting the hoodoos.

It was a great day. The temperatures were in the 70's, just right. Dallin informed us that he is now addicted, "One ride, that's all". On the way home we stopped at cove fort, as Dallin had never been. it was near closing but two missionaries were kind enough to take us through. There were only three of us and it was a neat experience. If you have never been there, I recommend it. It is a short tour, stuff for the kids to do and at the end they give you a pioneer toy.

A great day, Running (walking for me), Biking, then touring. 

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online