Friday, October 8, 2010

The Amazing People I know

With all that is going on in the world around us, I have lately been thinking about the amazing people I know and friends I have...

I have a friend who is a very good dentist and now runs a very successful dentist office.

Two who are the owners of various businesses and employ hundreds of people.

Another who started a business from scratch and now has several employees and is doing very well.

One who is a very successful and well known stock broker.

A friend who is a professional skier.

Friends who travel the world.

The list could go on. . .

But it isn't in those things where I see their greatness. . .

I see it when parents with a large family choose to open their heart and home to children who they could give more. . . multiple times.

I see it when a successful young lady gives up a very good life and money to go to Chile and spend time in an orphanage.

I see it when a lonely mother tries to live the gospel keep her family together.

I see it when Friends offer free services to those who are struggling.

I see it the very wealthy choose to stay in a lower income area because that neighborhood needs them.

I see it when a mother serves those who are elderly just because she loves them.

I see it in another child who will help a younger brother fix a bike, when he could be off playing with friends.

I see it when someone would give up a very financially rewarding job, to be closer to family.

I see it in a mother who gives up her native land, and goes to another, to support her husband and give her children adventure.

The list goes on. . .

This world is full of amazing people, amazing because of the selfless things they do. . . I am glad to know them and learn from their example.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online