Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birthdays and Bagels.

Hannah has always been a character. A character with a very strong sense of self and not afraid to lead or set the standard. Anyway. . .thursday, as Dawn and I head off to the local walmart for some fruit, Esther reminds Hannah that she has a birthday party, and she was late. Rapidly she grabs her helmet, mounts her newly repaired bike and off she goes. We finish shopping and return home without incident. Later at the house I question Hannah about the party. There was the normal party stuff, pinata, cake and presents. When she said presents I responded that we can go tomorrow and get something for her freind. The conversation went like this. . .





Hannah- " I already got her something."
Dad- "What did you get her?"
Hannah -" A bagel."
Dad- "A bagel ?! What did she say when you gave it to her?"
Hannah- "She held it like this" (motioned as if holding by the edge) "and said, a bagel, you got me a bagel? Then I said that I forgot her birthday so I got you a bagel."
Dad- Laughing "you're awesome, I love you."

Later Dawn called the mom and said sorry about that. The mom said it made their whole day and her daughter loved it. Hannah even put creme cheese on it for her...

Gotta love Hannah.

By the way, her name is a palindrome.

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online