Monday, September 27, 2010

Seven Kids on Sunday.

Not all mine, Kids and cousins, but you get the picture.
Church on Sunday. 

While yesterday was in no way different from most Sundays when we attend church, a few moments stood out in my mind;

Sacrament meeting, the first hour block. We ended up on the metal chairs in the back of the gym as the meeting had many visitors that day.
Besides the normal things of;
 "he's touching me!" 
Tank banging his head against the metal chairs chanting "I'm so bored," 
and Baby Girl laying on two or three and telling the people behind her to keep their feet off them;
Little man Jumped up once grabbed his groin and said quite loudly, "I gotta pee now, I can't hold it much longer." After a visit to a bathroom, 5 minutes later the same thing, the same phrase. Oh yeah. . .

Then Primary. I was teaching so The kids were forced to go to primary, by themselves, or they would lose their snake. I went into the library to make copies of the lesson and became the substitute librarian...if there is one, No big deal. But when I came out little man was wandering the halls, telling a teacher to leave him alone.
This happens regularly, he announces to his teacher he is bored and done with class, then walks out. When they try to address the problem and encourage him to come back, he says simply, "I hate you, leave me alone."
However, that doesn't work with me so back into class we went. He was doing okay so I left, but kept up vigilance at the door. All was fine until they began to sing, "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam", then Little Man stacked up three little chairs, took off his tiny suit coat and began swinging it over his head hitting many teachers and children in the process. They asked him to stop, he just smiled and kept going. I entered and the teachers said he was fine, at least he isn't yelling.
Up in front baby girl was rolling on the ground saying " I hate this. . .I hate this." I made her get back in her seat, she did so very reluctantly.

Bad Sunday? Bad kids? I don't think so. They get this from me. I too get very bored just sitting. The entire time at church, I  bounce my legs and squirm around. Gum chewing also give me something to do.

However, my favorite church memory is of Your Highness when he was about three. It was his first week in class. He hates singing (also a common element with our boys). After a few songs, he stood up in front of everyone and yelled, "no more singing," a few times.  When the singing continued he grabbed the music stand, shoved it under a low table, laid on the stand and grabbed two of the table legs, still proclaiming,  "no more singing1" Everyone was laughing so hard that they just let him be. After the incident one of the sweetest women in the world approached us and said, "It makes me feel good that not only my children act like this," then shared with us a similar incident that occured with her oldest.

Why do we go you ask?
First; The spiritual strength gets us through until the next week. We believe in the gospel of Christ.
Second; It's neat to see how the children learn to control themselves, going from causing problems to contributing.

Yeah, Seven kids on Sunday is always a blast.

1 comments:

Janae Moss said...

Haha! Perfect and fun to hear from the guys perspective. I'm sure Dawn loved every minute! Great post!

blogger templates | Make Money Online